Thursday, November 8, 2012



The photo on my blog is of my son and I. I am holding up a picture of his sister who was living in Florida at the time and she did not make it home for Christmas. My blog is linked to my Google+ account and there are some other pictures of us 3 as well. 

Some personal info - My husband died a few years ago and it has just been the 3 of us for a while and we get along very well. I had my son when I was 17 and my daughter when I was 19. My son lives in my house which has just been declared sold (yay!!) and my daughter and her fiancee just bought their own house. I took the independent step to move to the Philly due to L-O-V-E. I have known Joe for almost 5 years. We went on 2 dates years back and after the second one I knew I wasn't ready to date and just concentrated on my family. We remained good friends through phone calls and emails. I did find myself dating people and got back into the swing of things but kept it light. Last year Joe emailed me that he was going out to dinner that night with a woman and I became so upset and jealous which is not me at all! So we met up one afternoon and found out we both had very strong feelings for the other for quite some time. Complete soul mates! Our wedding will be on 2-14-14 :) If anyone can get a date out of my daughter for her wedding so I can plan it, I will pay upwards of $100! 

My favorite quote about children comes from my personal hero Lev Vygotsky -
"Through others, we become ourselves". I love this because to me it sums up teaching perfectly. 

My favorite children's book is "Press Here" by Herve Tullet. It is an interactive book which I love! Here's a link if you want to know more about it http://youtu.be/Kj81KC-Gm64.

Below is an image of me created by one of my students. Typical tadpole drawing for a boy of 3 years 3 months. What I loved best was how he got my eye and hair color correct and also the big smile on  my face!




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment